A little bit of this and that on Merva.
I’ve finished with Erin, Merva’s skiff, and it’s back on her house. I refinished the transom and painted her inside and out. The inside isn’t as good as I would like but the exterior is ok. Looking at the historic photos of Erin I saw her shear strake was either bright or painted. So, after a lot of deliberation, I painted it. I also sewed a new cover for her.
Then on to the stove. I took the top off. I wasn’t as hard as I expected. A good vacuuming, some new furnace cement (the black stuff in the photo) where the fire brick was cracked, new stove bolts and it’s ready to be put back together. I’m just waiting for stove gasket material.
Finished the trim around the Galley hatch and will soon install the interior hardware.
All this is going on while I’m stripping the exterior of the wheelhouse and refinishing. But no photos of that until the cover comes off.