The last week has been, for the most part, about hatches and wheelhouse windows. The hatches went back in, as did the windows on the Starboard side. Windows on the Port side came out for stripping and refinish. But the most satisfaction was putting the hatches back on and seeing that they fit. I didn’t foul-up.
The Galley hatch took several days to get fastened down because the screws I used initially were too short. They needed to be an inch longer and hence one size up. But, once I got that worked out all went well. I put new small hatch carlins under the hatch between the house beams and I’m making up new interior trim now.
The Butterfly hatch on the foredeck went back down perfectly. I’m waiting for screws that will fit the hinges and the bronze supports hardware. Throughout the boat, when I replace something, I’ve decided to replace any screws and match the original. Slotted, bronze flat or oval head screws.
A little diversion was the refinish and installation of the correcting spheres “Kelvin’s balls” on the compass. I’ll “swing the compass” this spring.