The replacement sounder arrived today. It was already configured for the same transducer so all I had to do was plug it in and see if it works – and it did. This confirmed that the original sounder was no longer working – despite outwardly looking fresher. It was hard tossing the old one into the dumpster looking as new as it did. I will properly mount the replacement tomorrow morning.
I spent some time getting ready to strip and repaint the starboard covering board. Tossing fresh paint on some seriously flaking old paint only makes things look worse (implying rot where there is none).
I was just about to apply paint remover when I got a message that someone was coming to look at the boat tomorrow. So I backed off and instead prepared the boat to show. This involved removing protective blankets from the leather cushions, removing office stuff, and a general wipe down.