Spring weather is here and its warm enough to paint. I cleaned the inside of the boat, painted the other half of the kitchen (half was painted last year). It takes a minimum of two coats of the fresh white to cover up the yellowed white from 13+ years ago. I then cleaned some more. This is it for the interior paint refresh but the bathroom looks like a likely target for the next time around.
I filled the water tanks and turned the water pump on. The pump sounded like it was working but it could not get a prime. The pump was old so I installed a new pump – still no prime. I began to think that there was a blockage but that seemed unlikely. I eventually found the problem. An elbow fitting (tucked away – of course) had become (just a bit) loose for some reason. I shoved the pipe into the fitting to reseal it and all was good.
A friend was diving a couple of sail boats in the marina – to clean of bulk of recent fouling. He was kind enough to do the same for Merva – and replaced a zinc on the rudder as well. I thought that this would be sufficient for another year but I could see the green (inner most layer) paint in some areas so I scheduled boat to be pulled out for fresh hull paint (bottom and sides). This will happen June 16th at Jacks Boat Yard in Lund.