I was pulling away from the dock at Chatter Box Falls when I noticed that one of my fenders was still out. I tried to pull it up but it was too difficult for me to get at it with the canoe strapped to the side. In my effort to do this I pulled off one of the hand rail posts and very nearly ended up in the ‘drink’.
I pulled the boat back to the dock and took care of the fender.
Now at home so I decided to do the repair. I scrounged up 4, slightly larger, screws. I decided that, in this case, a bit of PL adhesive was warranted.
The screws are a bit proud but it is worth it. I think if it gets yanked out again it will take a section of the roof with it.