Bilge

The starboard/aft bilge pump failed (probably the integrated mechanical float switch). So I decided to give the bilge, in general, some attention. I pulled up the lead ballast to reveal both aft bilge pumps and the water-ways through the ribs.

  • sucked up the bilge using a shop-vac (bilge pumps mostly clogged)
  • cleared all of the water-ways (several were 100% clogged)
  • greased and tightened the stuffing box (drip reduced 30sec to 10 min)
  • greased prop shaft bunk bearing
  • replaced port and starboard aft bilge pumps (electronic sensing)
  • general bilge/hull/ribs inspection (looks very good)

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *