The existing charge controller got fried due to a design condition having to do with loosing battery power when the sensor and charge wires are touching. I decided to replace the controller with one which does not have such an issues/trap. The new controller is from xantrex – the same brand as the inverter/shore-charger.
The fuse went on the waste (black) water pump. Replaced the fuse and it went again. I could do a rebuild on the pump but I decided to simply replace the pump.
The switch was clearly worn as I had to jiggle it to get it to locate properly. So I replaced it with a new one.
Replaced starboard steering cable. The port side was replaced a few years ago. So other than the bit that goes around the steering quadrant – all new.
Three weeks cruising Desolation Sound. Copeland Islands, Refuge Cove, Cortez Bay, Gorges Harbour, Roscoe Bay, Pendrell Sound, Prideaux Haven, etc.
Painting coming to a conclusion… launch tomorrow.
Paint Scrape and sand took two people 3 x 6 hr days. Additional time to prep. and then on to painting. Survey Spent 3 hrs on Merva with a surveyor. Went very well. Very little to do.
Merva on the hard at Jacks Yard. The hull has been pressure washed. It shows the following paint layers; red, green, red, and black. The last two layers were not sticking to the boat as they should but that is not too surprising as I asked for a quick job. Some speculation about how the…
Merva is out for a 3 week cruise. First stop is the ‘out station’ in Narrows Inlet.
Final preparations for 3 weeks out. Looks all dressed up!