The deck/sole/floor in the cockpit is looking tired. I have started scraping the old varnish off with cabinet scrapers and a heat gun. The varnish is very thick and its slow going. I may resort to a chemical remover – will see. I switched from the cabinet scraper to the common hardware store style with…
Replaced the starboard interior panel since I had it off to route the new steering cable. I decided to do it in two pieces so it can be removed (at some point in the future) without having to remove the bed box trim.
The existing charge controller got fried due to a design condition having to do with loosing battery power when the sensor and charge wires are touching. I decided to replace the controller with one which does not have such an issues/trap. The new controller is from xantrex – the same brand as the inverter/shore-charger.
The fuse went on the waste (black) water pump. Replaced the fuse and it went again. I could do a rebuild on the pump but I decided to simply replace the pump.
The switch was clearly worn as I had to jiggle it to get it to locate properly. So I replaced it with a new one.
Replaced starboard steering cable. The port side was replaced a few years ago. So other than the bit that goes around the steering quadrant – all new.
Three weeks cruising Desolation Sound. Copeland Islands, Refuge Cove, Cortez Bay, Gorges Harbour, Roscoe Bay, Pendrell Sound, Prideaux Haven, etc.
Painting coming to a conclusion… launch tomorrow.
Paint Scrape and sand took two people 3 x 6 hr days. Additional time to prep. and then on to painting. Survey Spent 3 hrs on Merva with a surveyor. Went very well. Very little to do.
Merva on the hard at Jacks Yard. The hull has been pressure washed. It shows the following paint layers; red, green, red, and black. The last two layers were not sticking to the boat as they should but that is not too surprising as I asked for a quick job. Some speculation about how the…