Visited the boat several times today. I figured out where to install the accumulator. I had to move the pump (done) and move some pipes/fittings (to be done).
I drained the tanks into the bilge. This allowed me to;
- thoroughly clean the inside of the tanks
- determine to what degree fresh water plumbing may be leaking
- ensure water channels through ribs are clean
- ensure that the 2 primary bilge pumps are working
- ensure that the manual bilge pump is working
The manual bilge pump does not seem to work… although I only made a half effort to test this. I did not get the water in the bilge high enough to test the large (3rd electric) bilge pump.
The tanks and the bilge are now sucked clean by the shop-vac. I will tighten up the stuffing box tomorrow (so its not dripping)… will see if the bilge builds or not.